New Day 6 website, Cycle For Fun
Day 6 Journey
The Day 6 Journey is a unique Day 6 because it uses a Nexus internal gear hub. The Nexus 7 speed hub offers a couple of advantages. One, there is no need for a chain derailleur, and two it is possible to change gears without the bike moving. This means you can select a low gear after you have come to a stop and before you start again. I have sold several Day 6 Journey bicycles to people with physical disabilities, they have found the Journey to be easier and safer for them.
The 7 speed Journey has a wide gear range and will go up hills and cruise on the flats. And the same as all Day 6 bicycles the Journey ships with all of Day 6’s comfort features and their acclaimed ergonomics.
Like all Day 6 bikes the Journey is comfortable, safe and fun to ride.
The Day 6 Journey is available in three frame sizes, small, large and extra large.
- Small: Fits People from Approximately 5′ to 5’7 (up to 28″ inseam)
- Large: Fits People from Approximately 5’7 to 6’2 (28″ inseam – 32″ inseam)
- Extra Large: Fits People from Approximately 6’2 to 6’9 (32″ inseam – 36″ inseam)
The main difference between the Day 6 frame sizes is in the seat tube support and the seat tube extension.
- Tires: Kenda Kwest 26×1.75
- Brakes: V brake
- Rim: Alloy Double Wall Front and Rear
- Frame: 6061 Aluminum
- Spokes: 14 guage stainless
- Crankset: ProWheel
- Chain ring: ProWheel 36
- Shifter: 7 speed Shimano Nexus Trigger
- Hub: Shimano 7 speed Nexus
- Stem: UNO, alloy, adjustable, 90mm
- Weight Capacity: 300 Pounds
- Weight: 33 pounds
- Wheelbase: 52″ (small 51″)
- Please ask for a shipping quote to your location. This will need to be determined before an order can be completed.
- Some assembly of Day 6 Bicycles is required, a local bike shop is recommended.
- Link to the Day 6 website and the Journey