New Day 6 website, Cycle For Fun
Day 6 Dream 24
The Day 6 Dream 24 is Day 6’s mid range bicycle with 24 gears. The Dream 24 has always been our most popular Day 6 bike. This 24 speed bike is equipped to go almost everywhere. And similar to all Day 6 bicycles the Dream 24 ships with all of Day 6’s comfort features and their acclaimed ergonomics.
Like all Day 6 bikes the Dream 24 is comfortable, safe and fun to ride.
The Day 6 Dream 24 is available in three frame sizes, small, large and extra large.
- Small: Fits People from Approximately 5′ to 5’7 (up to 28″ inseam)
- Large: Fits People from Approximately 5’7 to 6’2 (28″ inseam – 32″ inseam)
- Extra Large: Fits People from Approximately 6’2 to 6’9 (32″ inseam – 36″ inseam)
The main difference between the Day 6 frame sizes is in the seat tube support and the seat tube extension.
- Royal Blue Metallic – RB
- Red Raspberry Metallic – RR
- Tires: Inova Puncture Breaker 26×1.95 Hybrid for riding on pavement and crushed gravel.
- Brakes: V brakes
- Rim: Alloy Double Wall Rear
- Frame: 6061 Aluminum
- Shifter: 8 + 3 Speed Shimano EZ Fire Plus Trigger
- Spokes: 14 Guage Stainless
- Crankset: ProWheel
- Chain ring: ProWheel 24/34/42
- Rear cogs: Shimano 11-32
- Chain: KMC rust buster
- Stem: UNO, alloy, adjustable, 90mm
- Derailleur: Shimano Alivio
- Weight Capacity: 300 Pounds
- Weight: 32 pounds
- Wheelbase: 52″ (small 51″)
- Please ask for a shipping quote to your location. This will need to be determined before an order can be completed.
- Some assembly of Day 6 Bicycles is required, a local bike shop is recommended.
- Link to the Day 6 website and the Dream 24
Deb F. –
As a life long cyclist, I was forced to sell all of my bikes due to chronic lower back degeneration. I recently purchased the Day 6 Dream 24 (size small) and I am so pleased to be “back in the saddle”. I took a chance and ordered the bike, sight unseen (other than pictures), something I have never done before. Thankfully, the Day 6 exceeded all of my expectations. This bike provides very comfortable back support and enables me to ride completely upright. There are so many different adjustments you can make on the bike that I was able to get just the right positioning for my ride. I really like the shape and angle of the handlebars as well. It reminds me of riding my motorcycle many years ago. I was actually surprised how fast I could go on this bike. I used to ride a very light road bike and expected the Day 6 to be slow and clunky. It is obviously not nearly as fast as a fully “bent over” road bike but it is surprisingly quick. We also own an Electra Townie but we find the Day 6 is much more comfortable and adjustable. I foresee a 2nd Day 6 in the family down the road. The grips and shifters on the Day 6 are very comfortable compared to our Townie. The quality of the kickstand is good. The burgundy red colour on the size small is quite nice. I like the amount of crank forward the Day 6 has compared to other crank forwards I have tried. We have several hills in my area and the mountain bike gearing enables me to climb the hills successfully. I put a TOBA (Roger) rear rack on and a set of panniers. I now do most of my grocery shopping on my Day 6. I am going to get a motorcycle mirror to add to the handlebar as I like to see what’s coming behind me. My neighbours comment about the big smile on my face when I go by. It is that much fun to ride.